While planning for product launch or business strategies, it is necessary to ensure that you are not infringing someone's intellectual property rights. We at Scintillation Research identify and study all the market verticals, patented technologies, designs, concepts, etc. matching with your ideas and inventions, and deliver a detailed freedom-to-operate report. Our exclusive FTO search report enables you continue your business activities without doing any kind of IP infringement, and follow the right way to success.
1. IP infringement details: What are the products/services that can be infringed by your product launch or other business activity?
2. Market information: What are the active markets, their size, and your market share?
3. Top players: What are the top companies in the target market?
4. Business guidance: Get expert advice on effective business strategy with high returns on investment.
At Scintillation Research, we are aimed at helping clients work on their planned business activities ensuring minimum IP infringement risks.
1. Studying the product, its technology and related elements: The first step is to study the product client is planning to launch. We do thorough research on the technology related with the product, target markets, active players, and market research.
2. Creating keywords list: The next step is to create a list of keywords that define the elements of the technology of the product being launched.
3. Selecting classification system: There are four major classification systems – USPC, ECLA, CPC and IPC. Using the keywords and their synonyms, we select an appropriate classification system.
4. Searching in government and non-government databases: The next step is to search for the patents in given jurisdiction on different databases such as USPTO, IPO, EPO, Google Patents, Total Patents, Orbit, Thomson Innovation, IP.com, Patent Lens, FreshPatents.com, PatentMax, PatBase, Delphion, PatentScope, Patent and Trademark Depository Libraries, etc. The patent list includes published, pending and expired patents.
5. Studying patents: Then, we comprehensively study each patent, and identify the patents, which have claims matching with the technology of the client’s product. We also study about the performance of the patents in active markets, patent expiry information, licensing opportunities with the IP owners, etc.
6. Preparing FTO reports: With the help of above analysis, the patent infringement risks associated with the planned business activities are identified. In addition, we also help the client in selecting the best settlement options for infringement cases, licensing opportunities, changing the manufacturing process if required, choosing the right time and markets for product launch, etc.
Get the experts’ advice for freedom-to-operate analysis